The Latin American Poker Tour came to an end and it was Team PokerStars Pro member Jose ‘Nacho’ Barbero who took down the event and became the second Latin American player to achieve this. Barbero was awarded with $279,330 for his efforts at the LAPT Punta del Este Main Event final table.
Heads-up play was between Barbero and the only European player left at the table, Nicolas Cardyn. In the decisive hand the money went in with Cardyn holing AK vs. Barbero’s AT but the ten that came on the river sealed the outcome of the event.
The LAPT Main Event in Punta del Este, Uruguay attracted a field of 371 players and the place is one of the most popular destinations in South America.
These were the final table results:
- 1. Jose Ignacio Barbero, Argentina, $279,330
- 2. Nicolas Cardyn, France, $ 161,550
- 3. Andres Korn, Argentina, $ 99,020
- 4. Norbert Ludger, Uruguay, $ 72,960
- 5. Daniela de Lima Zapiello, Brazil, $ 52,110
- 6. Marco Caidedo, Colombia, $ 41,690
- 7. Bernardo Dias, Brazil, $ 31,270
- 8. Roman Suarez, Argentina, $ 20,850