After the World Cup online gambling sites are looking for ways to hold on to the record number of punters that they got while the matches lasted. This is why the main theme of the Ninth Annual European iGaming Congress and Expo which is scheduled to happen from October 19th to 21st in Copenhagen.
The main theme will be customer acquisition and retention in online gambling and there will be a wide range of experienced speakers to examine both the traditional acquisition strategies and more innovative techniques sucj as social networking.
Two of the speakers who will be presenting at the Congress are Betsson and Betboo. The companies have showed remarkable growth with in-play betting for 4 years now. â€œWe decided to focus on customer acquisition in the months before the World Cup with World Cup competitions,â€ says Betsson’s CEO, Pontus Lindwall. “[We did this] rather than during the tournament since we knew that it would be cheaper for us to get new customers at that point rather than spend a lot of money during the tournament. We have also had a strong focus on the development of our live betting over the last 6 months in order to keep the customers that we have acquired.â€
Program highlights and leading speakers include:
- USA regulatory keynote: When and how i-gaming will be regulated in the USA â€“ the California perspective – Californian Senator Roderick Wright.
- Impact of localised regulation in Europe, with particular focus on France and Italy.
- EiG MegaDebate 1: i-gaming vision for 2015 â€“ discussing emerging B2B and B2G business models and future growth areas in i-gaming.
- EiG MegaDebate 2: Future market leaders: Exploiting technology developments, innovative business models, niche products and new audiences.
- Start-Up LaunchPad: Discover â€˜The Next Big Thingâ€™ in i-gaming.
- Partnership and competition: Media and entertainment brands, lotteries, social/casual games meet gambling.
- Innovation in products, CRM, online marketing, branding.